The Ultimate Energy Diet is based on the work of Yuri Elkaim, a holistic nutritionist and health coach and NY Times best-selling author. Elkaim is former professional soccer player and strength and performance coach at the University of Toronto. His Ultimate Energy Diet is based around his “Eating for Energy” concept, and Yuri has a popular following with over 100,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel and over 23 million views for his diet and health videos. This plan is offered in the form of his eBook “Eating for Energy”.
Eating for Energy
The Eating for Energy concept is that by changing what you eat you can increase your energy levels, improve your overall health and reduce your weight. The key factor is to massively increase the percentage of your diet that consists of raw foods – this is known as the “No Cook Principle”.
The plan is definitely pitched as a lifestyle guide, rather than as a straight diet product. Elkaim is fairly scathing about some parts of the wellness industry and claims that people should avoid wasting their money on fads or endless supplements, rather they should look to the food they eat to provide them with all the beneficial compounds the body needs.
Raw Food is Best
Elkaim is definitely an evangelist about the benefits of raw food. In the Ultimate Energy Diet he outlines how he moved to a raw food diet initially to try and boost his own energy levels, but after time he noticed how a number of health problems he had suffered from at a younger age started to clear up. This sparked his interest in holistic nutrition and wellbeing. He explains how raw foods are more beneficial than most cooked foods and goes into detail about phytonutrients and natural food enzyme. Elkaim also explains that Eating for Energy will not only increase your feeling of vitality but will also have tangible effects on your skin, hair and nails. Following the recipes and meal planners in the guide will help to move unwanted fat deposits and so those who are overweight will benefit from this.
This ebook-based program gives you recipes and meal planners based on a regime of eating 80% whole, natural foods and 20% what Elkaim calls “leisure foods” – in other words, what most of us eat most of the time. By respecting this 80/20 rule, Elkaim states that this will give us a truly balanced diet whilst still allowing people to visit everyday restaurants or indulge in the odd unhealthy snack and so forth.
In the book:
- Background information on the benefits of raw food;
- The reasons you must avoid caffeine and sugar in the morning;
- Healthy Recipe Guide – 120 raw food recipes;
- 12 week meal planner – this includes some 10 minute quick meals and advice on when during the day to eat certain foods for maximum benefit;
- 5 Pillars – 5 steps to follow to make sure you gain energy and maintain health.
The ebook also contains some bonus items:
- 45 Vegan Shakes and Juices recipe guide;
- Nutrition for Athletes – for those who are highly active and need more calorie intake;
- Audio guides on Safe and Effective Detox and Secrets of Reducing Weight;
- 5 Day Fast Results – a structured start guide to get you going with the Ultimate Energy Diet.
- Enthusiastic and easy to follow writing;
- Recipes are varied and include “treats” like Chocolate Mousse and Guacamole;
- Many users report noticeable results when sticking to the diet for more than 3 days;
- The first few days of this diet are reported as being tough by many people. This is probably due to cutting out caffeine and sugar;
- A large increase in the amounts of fruit and vegetables you need to eat (preferably organic) could be quite expensive;
- Some users have reported that they think the book and included materials are on the expensive side for what you get.
- Could be difficult to achieve the full 80/20 raw food mix, although some have reported good results by aiming for 50/50
Feedback & Overview
Actual Customer Feedback:
“The program is one of the few that we can trust because it has been designed by a certified professional. The food guide, exercise moves and tips outlined in the book were products of years of research and experience of Mr. Elkaim.”
Portion of actual user comment on rawfoodcookbook.org
“While we can live on sythetic [sic], processed food, it will almost always be less healthy for us than food in its natural form. I agree with that completely.”
Portion of actual user comment on worldofdiets.com
Summary: The Ultimate Energy Diet is a popular lifestyle guide for people who want to feel more healthy and to lose weight. Many people report positive benefits of following the plan, although some feel that converting 80% of your diet to raw food is unrealistic and that a 50/50 split may be more achievable. There are no exercise routines or traditional diet plans to follow, but users do report weight loss as an added benefit of eating more raw foods.
Company info: EatingForEnergy.com was registered on 2 December 1998
Product Specifications: 360 page ebook available as an instant download in PDF format
Return Policy: Full 60 days 100% refund guarantee