Hi, welcome to my review of Shawna Kaminski’s – “My Bikini Belly”. I first stumbled across this product during a period of frantic desperation about my weight, or more specifically my shape!.Whilst I’m not your typical worrier when it comes to appearance, I do feel that I’m at a crunch point in my life. A point where I either get on top of my health, weight and shape and stay on top, or I kiss it goodbye and let all control slip away into the sunset.
The fact is that this year I will be turning 40!! No matter which way you look at it 40 is a turning point for all of us. It’s mid-life, it’s the end of youth, the beginning…. of the end, it’s crisis time!
For men this often means they may buy a convertible, start to dye their ‘greying’ hair or maybe introduce a vitamin regime.
But for women it is often the start of menopause or perimenopause. Which is a very significant time of physical change in our bodies and can lead to bouts of anxiety and depression. Fortunately, I’m not quite there yet however, I have been doing my research and one of the most significant changes that women, like me, are reporting is and inability to lose weight once they’ve turned 40. Not only are they finding it a struggle to lose weight but the situation seems to be made worse by finding it easier to gain weight!
It’s like all of a sudden, with no change to lifestyle, the pounds start to pile on. But the usual increase in daily exercise or cutting out bread and potatoes, is making no difference to the scales whatsoever. It’s like a two pronged attacked on my very existence!!
My predicament is not made any easier because of the life I lead and the fact I don’t have time to get to the gym every morning, I have three children (twin two year old girls) and a soccer mad 10 year old son. I work and recently my elderly in laws moved near to us, they are needing more support as time goes on. I don’t have time for ‘short order cooking’ therefore we all have to eat the same which means a very limited menu, don’t get me wrong , I know most other women are in similar situation.
So I went on the lookout for a diet and exercise regime that could help with my weight and health. So over the last year I have bought several weight loss and exercise programs including Shawna Kaminskis. Below, I have detailed my findings, and broken it down into the following sections. I hope you find some useful information in here and if all you’re interested in is – did it fulfill my criteria, then head straight to the Opinions section. Thanks for reading!
The sections are:-
- What is the ‘My Bikini Belly’ program, looking at what concept is, who the author is, who it’s aimed at and what the program involves.
- These are my opinions on the product, whether it’s realistic or not, based on solid research and whether it’s value for money.
- A Pro’s and Con’s section – You’ll probably want to head straight there if you’re limited on time!
- And finally, there will be a conclusion, where we’ll summarise the above and hopefully make some recommendations.
What is the ‘My Bikini Belly’ program?
This is a very targeted product aimed at women over 35 who want a flatter, firmer stomach. It aims to tackle the effects that menopause has on the female body. It provides belly-fat busting ideas with muscle toning guides, aiming to combat the drawbacks from menopause and achieve a body fit for a swimsuit and ultimately the beach!
The guide’s author is Shawna Kaminski, a personal trainer and fitness expert with 25 years in the industry. Shawna has won bodybuilding competitions, swims competitively and is certainly an enthusiastic spokesperson for keeping healthy and looking good.
Having been in the industry for over 25 years Shawna has gained knowledge from fat loss expert and anti aging gurus. She has also gained crucial experience from working with women in their 40’s,50’s and 60’s who are convinced that at their age having a toned mid-section and wearing a bikini for the summer are impossibilities.
My Bikini Belly Review – The Concept
The official website says that this is a plan only suitable for women over 35, it refers to the “menopause belly” and how working out too much can make things worse. It goes on to describe how regular, shorter-form targeted exercises can be much more effective in shifting stubborn belly fat and toning the stomach. You can skip straight to some My Bikini Belly reviews here.
Looking at the program in more detail, it is suggesting is that there are three ‘Belly Fat Activators’, and that each one is linked to exercise. If you get the following wrong it will cause you to either gain belly fat or not shift it! They are:-
- Exercise Frequency – The more frequent you exercise the more belly fat you will gain.
- Exercise Type – Specifically referring to ab crunches, sit ups and side bends, these types of exercise will not shift belly fat.
- Exercise Duration – That long arduous workouts will cause belly fat gain.
Further to this, Shawna suggest that there three critical steps that need to be followed in order to get a “Firmer, tighter Tummy at ANY age…”, And that if done in isolation none these steps will work. The three steps are as follows:-
- Firstly you’ll need to shut down the ‘Menopause Molecules’, this gets your body working away on the fat molecules by itself.
- Next, is all about igniting a belly reducing hormone
- Finally, it’s time to provoke your metabolism into working continuously even after your workout has finished.
What’s in the Package?
The Bikini Belly Program is delivered digitally, On completion of your order you’ll be given access to a members area where the PDF’s and videos are stored. The program consist of the following:-
- Quick Start Guide – This is where Shawna explains what to expect from the program, and breaks down what needs to happen over the course of the next three weeks. The exercises are explained step-by-step:-
- Bikini Belly Flush
- Bikini Belly Burn
- Bikini Belly Blast
Essentially, you’ll be cycling through each type of exercise, exercising every other day and continuing for three weeks. The exercises become more challenging after each cycle.
- Workout Manual – This is a ‘hard’ or written copy covering how to perform each exercise, it also details each phase and then information on reps and sets etc. This manual will help you through in case you don’t have access to the video library.
- Workout Videos – There are 4 accompanying fitness videos, and these are essentially companions to the guide, giving you a demonstration of each exercise that you can follow and check you are performing them correctly. The additional video is a cool down routine that Shawna says should be used after all of the workouts in this system. The videos aren’t anything special, but at this price it’s good to see additional material bundled with the workout guide. For those who prefer to see what to do rather than read about it these could be a better way to verify you’re doing the workouts correctly.
Our Opinion – Brief, and to the point
I like Shawna Kaminski, she has a very well populated YouTube channel with literally hundreds of videos covering the technicalities of different exercises, different challenges and interviews covering many aspects of fitness, workouts and fat loss. In terms of credibility she’s sincere and an authority in the field of exercise and workouts. She also specialises and focuses on activities, performance and conditioning specifically for women.
Ok, so I’ve read and re-read the concept of My Bikini Belly and I’m not totally convinced about some of the detail, namely the science behind the program. Looking at the Belly Fat Activators:-
- Firstly, I agree that with exercise sometimes less is more, particularly when it comes to HIIT training. However, in terms of the ‘flipping ON Menopause Molecules’ in my months of research, this is not something I have found or can find now.
- Next, there is the suggestion that side bends and sit ups could ‘turn Off your belly fat reducing hormone’. Whilst I agree that sit-ups won’t shift belly fat (sit-ups may improve some stomach muscles, but the fat that covers them will still remain), I’m not sure sit-ups turn off any hormone let alone a belly fat reducing one.
- The final point regarding no more long drawn out workouts I feel is accurate and refers to the HIIT training that’s involved.
This brings me onto HIIT training. I’m a big fan, the workouts that Shawna provides, like most HIIT schedules, can be done at home with no equipment and generally in under 30 mins. These things make HIIT sessions so ideal for me as a working mum with the rest of lifes commitments, I just don’t have time, money or flexibility to get to the gym. So exercise at home is a win win for me.
Shawna also talks about the other factors involved with training like the importance of staying hydrated and at what level intensity you should train at, remember if you’re only training for 20-30mins every other day you need to make it count.
My final word on this program: Ultimately, this program has helped me get into my swimwear, albeit a one-piece, and feel confident in it! The information regarding food and nutrition is a little lacking and even with my experience of dieting, I need more guidance in this area.
Although I think the science that Shawna and her team have provided is at best puzzling, I do think that I got an extremely structured HIIT training program for $15 (£11-£12) and that there is fantastic value for money! Mix this with good food choices and you’re onto a winner.
The My Bikini Belly Program is an out-and-out workout program. It’s specifically targeted at women over 35 with stubborn belly fat. If you’re looking for some dietary help or some lifestyle change advice then you’ll have to purchase the Optional extra – ‘Double your Results’ package. I actually feel that of the three possible ‘extras’ this is the one I would go for.
If you know what you want, and you want exercise routines that target belly fat, then this could be a good option.
I think this program would also suit someone who’s already undergoing a more balanced lifestyle-based program but is looking for some ideas to help lose the last few pounds of lingering belly-fat.
Feedback & Overview
Actual Customer Feedback:
“If you want to lose the belly fat and gain your energy back, then My Bikini Belly is a program you need to check out. It is a new approach to healthy living that will help you re-balance your body and give you the edge you need to burn off fat and keep it off as you get older.”
Portion of actual user comment on thrivinglean.com
“Many fitness programs are designed with no particular goal in mind and target both men and women. On the contrary, Shawna Kaminski’s program is designed specifically for women who are over 35 years old.”
Portion of actual user comment on diettalk.com
Summary: As a weight loss program the My Bikini Belly system won’t give you the rounded advice and support you need. As a targeted exercise program we think this system does have merit, and its “to the point” easy-to-follow approach is good. Some of the production values are a bit variable and it feels like it may have been put together to fit a budget. Having said that, it’s reasonably priced and the addition of the videos is welcome.
- This is an extremely affordable and useful exercise program;
- Its short and to the point, yet detailed enough to provide daily direction;
- Without a doubt, if you follow this plan you will certainly see results, particularly in core strength;
- Based on a HIIT style workout program it includes short workouts, ideal for busy people;
- A plan for women! Even though I can’t relate to the science behind the plan that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s won’t work better for women who just want to target a problem belly and looking for quick results;
- Has a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee;
- Quality, real-time follow along video content, not all weight loss or fitness programs offer this, it’s a real selling point.
- Even though there is an ‘Optional Extra’ for meal plans and guidance on what to eat, I think it would be nice to have this included in the main package deal and pay slightly more.
- I think there is an over emphasis on menopause, molecules and other ‘apparent’ scientific reasoning which I feel is unnecessary and may appear off putting to some. I think this is a perfectly decent plan without it!
Company info: targetedfatlosstraining.com was registered on 04.08.2015
Product Specifications: Program specifically targeting the belly region in women aged 35+
Return Policy: Full 60 days 100% refund guarantee