Eat Stop Eat is one of the more flexible weight loss strategies in terms of possible outcomes and the practical daily management of weight loss, meaning it’s pretty well suited to everyone. The author, Brad Pilon, is widely considered an authority on this particular strategy towards weight loss, which is encouraging. During his Post-Graduate Studies, Brad Pilon originally tried to prove that Intermittent Fasting was wrong, yet the evidence he was faced with led him to do the complete opposite. Not only that but after spending time working in R&D he was able to conclude that Intermittent Fasting, if done correctly, is the fastest way to lose weight. (Skip the report and head straight to some Eat Stop Eat reviews.)
Intermittent Fasting is defined by not eating for a set period of time, followed by eating normally for a longer period of time. Typically fasting will last 24 hrs and is carried out twice a week, the net result across the week is a calorie deficit, but there’s much more to it than that! The calories your body uses during the fast come from fat, not fat that you’ve eaten, but body fat! That’s a double bonus, you’ve created a deficit and burnt stored fat.
Intermittent Fasting – Health Benefits
Brad considers short-term fasting (<24hrs) to cause a small stress on your bodies metabolic, nerve and hormone functions, which in turn strengthens those systems. He uses an analogy of weight training, where if you look at muscles, on a tissue level, after weight training it would look like an explosion took place. Yet look at that tissue 4 days later and it will look organised, bigger and stronger. The health benefits that you can expect are:
- Improves metabolism
- Preserves lean muscle tone
- Improves organ health
- Reverses signs of aging
- Achieve and maintain your ideal lifelong weight
Eat Stop Eat – What to expect
A typical week when following this diet could look like this:
- Eat your evening meal on a Sunday at 6pm
- Then Monday morning you skip breakfast and lunch
- At 6pm on Monday evening you eat a normal meal.
- Repeat this on Wednesday night through to Thursday and that’s it!
- There is also an element of resistance training recommended with this program to get optimum results
Most of us Fast for around 12-14 hrs just by not eating between dinner and breakfast., with Eat Stop Eat it’s adding on around 10 hrs to that by skipping 2 meals. During the Fast you are only permitted to drink water or calorie free drinks. As, a general rule you will continue on this regime for 12 weeks, once you reach your target weight you continue to Fast but only once a week.
- No calorie counting, excluding food groups or restricting portions sizes
- No meal prepping, in fact overall you have less meals to prepare!
- Fast days are flexible, if you’re going out for lunch on Monday, you can just change your Fasting day.
- Eat what you normally eat
- Mental clarity is frequently described as a by-product of not eating
- Benefits are optimised around 24hrs of Fasting which may not suit some people and requires self-control, although the more fasting you do the easier it becomes
- This diet is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- The detail behind the program is quite scientific, which may not appeal to all
Feedback & Overview
Actual Customer Feedback:
“I have also tried this diet.. and in all honesty.. it works.. but the down side is that as with any “fasting” your body does go into starvation mode plus this can trigger things like diabetes and other health problems.”
Portion of actual user comment on 3fatchicks.com
“…in order to achieve success on this plan it is vitally important that dieters avoid the tendency to overeat upon completion of the 24 hour fast”
Portion of actual user comment on everydiet.org
Summary: This program provides an incredibly thorough explanation of Intermittent Fasting, Brad Pilon’s research is well referenced and original. This program is highly recommended for those who want to:
- Lose weight
- Improve health and digestion
- Slim down while maintaining muscle mass
By skipping meals you’re removing the need to calorie count, you have less meals to prepare and dieting becomes very straightforward. This is a very highly regarded nutrition program.
Company info: EatStopEat.com was registered on 30 May 2007
Product Specifications: Instant PDF download ebook
Return Policy: Full 60 days 100% refund guarantee