The Cheat Your Way Thin diet plan may be best suited to those who have a weakness with food restrictions, cravings and ‘falling off the wagon’, as you are allowed to eat your favourite foods. In fact, Joel Marion has sought to use such ‘flaws’ to accelerate weight loss. The plan is broken down into three phases that focus on optimising your Leptin hormone levels (a fat burning hormone). Read more about the program or skip to samples of cheat your way thin reviews.
From looking into to Joel’s background he is fairly well known across the bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition scenes. Interestingly, Joel is also co-founder of Biotrust, which prides itself on providing honest natural nutrition products and advice. He has two degrees, one in Health Education and the other in Exercise Science. Vocationally, he has gained a Certificate in International Society of Sports Nutrition (CISSN) and an NSCA – Certified Personal Trainer.
The basis of this program is to manipulate Leptin levels. In short, weight loss requires a calorie deficit so that the body uses its own fat stores. The science behind Joel’s plan came about during his own voyage, where after a period of calorie restriction Joel ‘fell of the wagon’, yet after a weigh in a few days later he was surprised to have lost weight. (This is different to the Eat Stop Eat method.)
What Joel had discovered is that calorie restriction will eventually cause the body to enter starvation mode, the Leptin levels drop and so does your metabolism and subsequent weight loss, hello plateau! However, throw in some ‘cheat’ meals, specifically carbohydrates and fat, and your Leptin levels will start to rise again along with fat burning hormones and your metabolism.
Cheat Your Way Thin – How does it work
The program is broken down into three Phases:
- Phase 1 – Primer Phase. This phase last for 21 days and is designed to prime your Leptin receptors, making them sensitive to the weekly cheat days which appear in Phase 2. Priming is achieved by mixing up your carbohydrate intake, Joel is very specific on what levels and what types of carbohydrates (Low carb/Low GI/Low GL) you can consume.
- Phase 2 – Core. Here you get to choose one of five different ‘week’ plans to use. You then repeat that weekly plan until you’ve achieved your desired weight. Each of the five weekly models ends with a cheat day, but otherwise each is a blend of Low carb/Low GI/Low GL
- Phase 3 – Maintenance. This is your long term ‘lifestyle’ phase. There’s still some rules to follow regarding carb intake, but there is more flexibility and still a cheat day!
With Cheat Your Way Thin there is an exercise requirement. It is recommended that you exercise 3-4 times per week, and are always required to exercise the day after ‘Cheat Day’ as your body will be in the best place possible for burning fat.
What’s in the pack?
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Diet Manual
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Quick Reference Cards
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Quick Start Checklist
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Lean Eating Restaurant Guide
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Success Journal
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Supplementation Guide
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Fast Start Exercise Guide by Dan Long
- Cheat Your Way Thin – Goal Achieving Mindset Solutions by Dan Long
Feedback & Overview
Actual Customer Feedback:
“This diet is quick to grasp, but is a little rushed so it leaves out some information you need to know… be prepared to buy protein powder which is an integral part of the system.”
Portion of actual user comment on insideyourdiet.com
“Joel Marion has designed a sure fire program to get the body you’ve always wanted faster than you’d ever believe you could. This program worked well for me, and it can for you, too.”
Portion of actual user comment on healthynewage.com
The psychologically boosting effect that cheat meals can have on a diet should not be underestimated here. The likelihood of everyone, with no exception, slipping from a diet at some stage make this program attractive, once you understand how to achieve meals in the Low carb, Low GI and Low GL brackets this diet plan could really pay off.
- Nice to see a diet program that actually encourages eating carbohydrates
- This diet does not over suppress your metabolism, meaning the weight should stay off
- Cheat days are changeable
- Could be considered a gentle approach or entry into dieting
- Little margin for error in this plan, you’ll need to follow it to the letter
- The Exercise module of the plan is not that thorough
Company info: CheatYourWayThin.com was registered on 30 November 2008
Product Specifications: 7 part weight loss program consisting of manuals, workbooks, audios, and checklists; available in one instant download.
Return Policy: Full 60 days 100% refund guarantee