Basic Nutrition and Healthy Eating Tips
If you are serious about losing fat and weight from your frame, there is no substitute for picking the system that is right for you and following it. However, here are some very basic tips for eating healthily.
- Every meal divide your plate into thirds. Two of the thirds should be a carbohydrate source, e.g. rice or potatoes and one third should be a protein source, e.g. meat or fish. Don’t worry about getting enough fat. That is rarely a problem.
- Eat foods that are unprocessed as much as possible. When foods are processed they lose nutritional value. Eating foods close to their natural state will give you the most benefits. Try to stay away from junk food. You know what constitutes junk food. Reducing the amount that you eat will have a huge impact on your health and well-being.
- Limit your eating of refined foods that have fat, salt and sugar in them. You don’t have to give them up completely, just eat them in moderation.
- Eat small, frequent meals throughout the day and drink plenty of water.
- Breakfast should be your largest meal of the day. This gives your body the whole day to burn those calories. Dinner should be the smallest meal. Eating large amounts at night invariably leads to fat gain as your body doesn’t have time to burn the calories before shutting down for the night. Eating then going to sleep is how sumo wrestlers attain their great size!
- Eat protein. This is not to recommend that you go and eat a steak everyday but be aware of your protein intake. Your muscles live on protein and muscles are where the majority of your calories are burned. Eating lean protein every day supports your muscle tissue, especially when exercising.